Great coincident as this weekend Arequipa celebrated its 470th anniversary - and I was part of it :-)
Even though I was really tired after the Colca Canyon tour I forced myself to go to town to meet the guys from the tour for a meal and another Pisco Sour. We even managed to stay awake until midnight to see the firework, which actually was not half as exciting as everybody told us. Nevertheless, it was nice to see my fellow co-trekkers once more.
Btw, don't be surprised if you see lots of people walking around with a big bottle of Sprite or Inka Cola. They actually mix it with Pisco and fill it back in the bottle so that it is not so obvious...
On Sunday the whole city got mad, all streets were packed and the never-ending parade started at 10am and had still not stopped by the time I got tired of it at around 7pm. Puh, South-Americans really know how to party!
can we say pisco sour is your new aperol spritz?
ReplyDelete;-)
greetings from muc
tom
Was trying hard to find Aperol hier - no success so far... But Aperol Spritz without you guys wont be the same anyway ;-)
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty close at the moment. I've read your blog for the first time in Sao Paulo. :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Uwe! What a surprise. Did not know you are in South America as well. Hope you have fun! All the best, Monika
ReplyDelete